Experimenting with the Drum Carder

I spent a thoroughly lovely morning setting up my drum carder and making some beautiful batts. I had put the carder away before moving house a couple of years ago, and it had a part completed red batt on it, which turned out like this.

20130907-235856.jpg

I had hand dyed some Bluefaced Leicester in beautiful shades of pink and green, so I used those colours as the basis for the next batt:

20130908-000126.jpg

I love the way it came out:

20130908-000227.jpg

After that I carded together some beautiful shell pink, orange and brown roving which was a gift from my family. There’s some lovely gentle colours in this one:

20130908-000341.jpg

20130908-000400.jpg

The final batt I made was in these deep blues, with some green merino and blue-green silk accents:

20130908-000532.jpg

Here’s the finished batts. I’m looking forward to felting with them soon:

20130908-000622.jpg

Advertisements

One thought on “Experimenting with the Drum Carder

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s