Today was more like 48 lots of 15 minutes! I spent a day with my friend. Margaret, sharing lots of techniques and having a great time.
We started off with false batik, using soy wax and procion dye on soda soaked fabrics:
This is a long post, so more pics after the cut.
After that, while we had the dyes out, we did a bit of tie dyeing, which started like this:
And came out like this:
Margaret also dyed part of some cotton yarns, for weaving:
We then painted some transfer paints (which were new to me) onto copy paper:
I cut some of my figures, and they came out like this:
After that, we scraped moulding paste onto canvas and paper:
We did apply these to another canvas, and paint the canvases, but I seem to have omitted to take any photos of these!
We also put some moulding paste on fabric, to see how it works. I’m going to try some dye on mine.
After that we had a go at embossing powder on Kunin felt, which worked quite well, but might’ve worked better on thicker felt:
We then moved on to lots and lots of lovely Gelli printing on papers of various types:
I ended up with this beauty on a stamp at one point:
I did lots of lovely sketchbook spreads, which I’ll share in the coming days as I work more into them.
And then we printed onto oiled brown paper:
And added acrylic wax to give a lovely sheen:
I then had a go at oiling the brown paper, which gives a lovely effect:
All in all, a thoroughly good day, and this is a thoroughly good mess!