Day 93

Today, I decided to experiment with the sand medium I bought last week.

I mixed equal parts sand medium and moulding paste with a spot of black and copper acrylic paints, blending to make this:

I cut a larger (12cm) stencil of my figure, then applied the stencil through it.

First, on black card:

Then on black fabric:

It was easier to get a really thick layer of paste on the card.

Finally, I did a figure and the outline on some fabric paper I’d made previously:

Lovely mucky hands, and the excess on a strip of cloth from my scrap bag, which will get some dye later, then add some interest to a collage..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s