Today, I got up and did some printing with a roller, developing what I’d learned at the Art Van Go dayschool. I liked the colours I’d used on this piece, but wanted a much larger bit of fabric to work with:
I cut an A1 sized piece of black cotton fabric, clipped it to my printing cloth, and set to printing in layers with my roller.
After the first (white) layer and second (turquoise) layer, with lots of masking tape added:
After the third (yellow) layer, moving some of the tape each time:
After the final turquoise layer, with tape removed:
And some close ups:
I love the textures and the way the layers interact. I also ended up with some nice masking tape:
When I’d finished printing, Simon and I went to Boscobel House and White Ladies Priory, I’ll share some photos I took there soon.