Day 141

Today I finally made some time to hang Phosphene I, and take a good look at it from afar:

I’m pleased with how it is coming along, but wanted to add more bold stitching, particularly in the middle. A lot of the stitching I have been doing has ben with one or two strands of thread, which is good when viewed up close, but now I need to add some layers that will draw the viewer in from further away.

I finished the fly stitch across this edge:

  

And added some more right down the middle:

  

I also couldn’t resist a bit of image manipulation, so here’s a tweak:

 

  

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Day 141

    • Thank you 🙂

      It’s 1 metre long by 57 cm wide, the biggest piece I’ve ever worked on. I’m enjoying the challenge of working at this scale.

      I printed it as a whole piece, backed it on black felt, then added some machine stitch for stability and decoration.

      On Saturday, May 23, 2015, Heather Ramsden wrote:

      >

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s