My brother in law is visiting, so we spent the day playing board games, looking at a new house we were considering, and then watching Eurovision. I did find the time for a bit more image manipulation.
I started with a range of images that I’d taken several years ago in rusty railcards and slate mines, originally used for inspiration for mine and my husband’s wedding rings.
With colours and textures tweaked:
I then added a Tunnel effect:
I thought I’d add another tunnel effect, then a few more! My husband’s favourite is the simple one above – which is yours?
Then I added a mirror effect:
This was part of a steam engine:
I played with the colour and texture, and added a bit of a wave to get this:
After a play with x and z shift, I got this:
This slides the pixels either horizontally or vertically over each other as if they were identical colours but in two layers, making some interesting colour combinations:
Next I started with this image of rusty machinery in a slate mine in Wales, one of my favourites that I’ve ever taken, I think:
With a pleasingly watercolour paper-like texture in the background.
And finally a bit of tweaking with this image, lumps on a boiler in a railyard:
Via lots of effects about edges and texture, to this:
I think this one could have a bit more done to it, but by that point Eurovision was starting, and I was responsible for recording our scores.