Day 155

Today I spent a brief 15 minutes trying out traditional monoprinting (rather than Gelli plate printing), using a polypropylene print plate and black paint, then drawing on it to print the drawn lines with the paint.

  

I did some prints based on the shape of the Love In A Mist (Nigella) flowers which are blooming in my front garden at the moment, and some of my iron men.

I’m quite pleased with how they came out, I just need to learn to make sure the paint is damp enough – the more blobby ones were with dry paint. Overall I like the soft lines.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s