A bit more braiding today; it seems that my colour schemes were inspired by my husband’s quilt, in orange and blues.
We had a long day, with an early start at a car boot, trying to sell stuff before we moved. I managed to get the Gelli plate out in have afternoon, and printed these pages, with added neocolour:
It feels good to be printing and working in my long sketchbook again.
I also rolled off some paint:
A long, lovely day out at the West Midlands Regional Day.
I did a bit of shopping, picking up this yummy sari silk and silk carrier rods:
I also did a quick bit of image manipulation, making these pictures for mine and my husband’s dad’s, for Fathers Day:
Feeling better, I spent the evening working on this painting in stages, first adding drops of yellow and brown ink, which I let drip then wiped around. I didn’t take photos of the stages, so here are close ups:
I like it , but it definitely needs a focal point, and maybe something to unify it more.
I wanted to add some more layers to the mountain painting, so I decided to follow the instructions in the book and put a layer of white over the top. Big mistake! It knocked out all my lovely layers, so I
wiped it off artistically smudged it, and added more lovely viridian blue green.
I feel that it needs a few more layers again.
I still had some green paint mixed up, so I grabbed a couple of small canvases, and added the buttery yellow background, then some more green hills.
A nice way to unwind before bed.