I finished dyeing all the papers. I love how the dye mixes and transforms quite simple prints into something beautiful:
It has also transformed the fabric:
I started by cutting felt and marking three more 8×10 inch rectangles, which I ironed bondaweb onto.
I sketched out a rough plan for alternating squares of stripes (rail fence quilt inspired) and lemon focal points.
I divided my papers into backgrounds, middle grounds, and focal points:
I then cut strips off my background pieces to use as rail fence strips – such yummy colours!
And tonight I paper pieces the background strips, just not in a traditional way:
I’m pleased with the background. Next step is to pick the focal points, get them bonded on, then stitching!