Last night, I cut the two coffee pot stencils. They are the most complicated stencils I have cut, but the gyro cut made it easier, and I learned more about using the tool; namely that it is much easier to push away from you than pull towards, and I prefer to cut curves before straight lines.
I did one print with each stencil and also got the excess paint off one into my sketchbook
The positive and negative prints. The positive is on the front of a board book I am altering, and the negative is on a page of my sketchbook that had scrap paint rolled onto it, both with a foam roller and the crackle Rollagraph, which is just lovely:
I couldn’t resist adding a bit of dye:
Next, the three pots stencil:
I put it on the opposite page of my sketchbook, which also had some paint, and the blotted off dye from the previous page:
The off print of this one didn’t go down well as I tried to roll it onto Khadi paper, which is too textured for the technique. Even with plenty of roller pressure I didn’t get a recognisable image. Oh well!
Next, I decided to cut some apertures in my little pink pig sketch book: