A Productive Day

I am working to finish a couple of quilts that have sat mounted on canvas for a couples of weeks, and just need bindings adding. This is the first time I have added fused bindings to quilts on canvases, so I did the little one first to get my hand in, before tackling the 1m by 50cm whopper.

I dyed the fabrics for the bindings, here is the light one drying on my line:

And here’s the finished piece, already up on the wall:


For the second one, I had a go at tray dyeing:


When I washed it out, I ended up with mostly orange! I think it’s because I had such an analogous set of dyes, but I am still pleased with the subtle patterns, and it’ll look nice on my quilt.


I have put the fusible on the back of the strips, but had to stop, because the curry which is simmering on the hob needed to be stirred; I’d neglected it for quite a while!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s