A year ago, I discovered the joy of taking photos, mainly of my own work, and editing them. I started using Aviary, which is quite a straightforward program, which I mostly used to make colour changes to images.
I moved on to using iColorama, which is far more powerful, primarily as it allows you to use brush masks, so effectively you can merge two images, using one as a mask when applying effects to the other. It has a much wider range of controls, and while it took some playing and experimentation to get used to, that was time well spent.
Here is a round up of some of my images:
Once again, I’m playing catch up on the blog posts, hence the back dated post. I spent most of the evening baking these two lovely chocolate cakes for our Macmillan Coffee Morning at work on Friday:
I also did a bit of image manipulation, playing with new textures in the updated version of iColorama:
A bit of image manipulation today, using the pictures I painted last week as masks and backgrounds:
The brush strokes image works well as a mask.
Today, I got my printer on the WiFi, so I was able to print to it directly from my tablet. I printed an image that I’d previously converted to black and white, and then traced over the main lines with permanent pen on acetate.
I took some copies and played around with them, reducing and overlaying them. This one has the figure facing both left and right – I think it looks a bit like a knight:
Some more experiments:
And then a bit of image manipulation using the figures as a mask:
A sleepy, relaxing day, but I downloaded a new app (FontCandy) which has quite a nice interface for adding text to photos. I added some text to some of my previously edited photos, which was fun.
I also knitted the first decrease row on my Clapotis, as well as paring down the wedding photos for upload.
Two more rows of clapotis today, but no pic as it looks the same. Instead, have this picture from the post the other day, altered slightly, using a mask from yesterday’s pic.
i was out auditing, got back late and did some unpacking, so another image manipulation, using the same mask as the day before, and this picture of a sky which my sister took:
To get this:
I like how the texture of the fabric from the embroidery comes out in the mask.
Tuesday was my first day back at work, followed by an Embroiderers’ Guild committee meeting, so I did some image manipulation when I got home:
I made a mask from some of my stitching:
And made this image: