Today, as well as a day at work, buying a PA system for my EG branch, and meeting a fellow committee member to finish the 2016 programme, I did some colouring in my sketchbook with inktense pencils. Mostly adding lines and details:
Simon has said that he’s figured out why I love my sketchbook so much – because then I always have something on the go, with no need to finish something.
Interestingly, several pages that I thought of as ‘Done’ had extra added with the pencils today.
Today I got up and did some Gelli printing, with my figures.
These are some of my favourites. I plan to overprint with some more details, probably in a purple Lumiere paint if I can pick some up at the NEC next weekend:
I also started a new sketchbook, a bit larger than my Khadi one, but still in a long thin landscape format:
Inspired by Sally, I also did some doodling/zentangling into the image manipulated pears from my sketchbook. These were the test print from yesterday, before I printed on fabric:
After, with Sakura metallic gelly roll pens and Sakura pigma micron pens. Apparently I love Sakura pens!
Looking to pick up a white pen next.
While I was printing, I printed some more of the ‘hoops’, hole reinforcers. I loved the paint pattern they left on my Gelli plate, with the drop cloth underneath, and so I took some photos and edited them.
Having spent the morning finishing off yesterday’s wardrobes, today’s creativity was another graffiti doodle or three.
I started off practicing more feathers, which were neater than last time:
I then moved on to experimenting with layered circles, but seeing what happened if I changed the point where they join.
And then I did a whole page graffiti doodle, putting various elements together. I especially like the arrows.
We also spent large parts of today and yesterday sorting and rearranging the CD collection. We keep all of our (almost 1000) CDs in thematic order, so like artists are together, trying to arrange it so all of the horizontal and vertical intersections make sense, as well as within rows/columns.
This means lots of listening to tracks, and working out similarities, then creating towering piles on the dining table:
To hopefully over the next week all the CDs being back on their shelves in the new order. It feels like a creative process!
Today has been spent starting to sort out our CDs, and helping friends build ikea wardrobes, but I fit in 15 mins of graffiti patterns while the wardrobes were fitted with runners.
Nice to try some more patterns. As usual, going slow is the key.
Today was my first day back in work after 2 weeks off, and the change in pace was quite tiring.
I fitted in 15 minutes of Creativity at lunch time, practicing my graffiti quilting doodles. I chose to focus on the clam shells as I wasn’t very good at those last time.
And an attempt at more complicated ones
Still not there yet, but an improvement on last time.
As part of a Be Creative Facebook group I’m in, I’m going to do 15 minutes of Creativity each day in 2015. Some days will be easy, as I’m lucky to spend time creating quite frequently. Other days life takes over and I’ll have to carve out time.
Here are some drawings I’ve done recently, using Karlee Porter’s Graffiti Quilting book. The aim is to draw the patterns and gain familiarity with them prior to machine embroidering them.