This morning, I set a batch of chutney going, using the apples from our tree. It’s been slowly brewing for hours now, so soon I will have to go and jar it up.
I’ve also discovered I can use my pyrography tool as a hot stencil cutter, so I cut the stencils in much quicker time and better detail than I was expecting. It’s hard to photograph clear plastic, so the best thing I could think of was to hang them on my washing line:
Honeysuckle, comfrey, ivy.
Bumble bee, lavender, apple blossom, chives.
I also cut positive and negative stamps of the bee, apple, ivy, and comfrey.
And blocked the Turner’s Hill TV tower piece.
I’m working towards a couple of competitions next year with a garden theme, so I have planned a couple of stencils. As per my usual style, they are rather complicated. If I can get them cut as planned, I will be very pleased.
Not too sure how to cut the hollyhocks!
I’m spending Saturday and Sunday with Hilary Beattie, helping her with her gallery stand at the Knitting and Stitching show. It’s likely that we’ll spend the quieter times colouring in our sketchbooks. There’s only one problem; I have not printed anything in so long, that I have coloured pretty much everything I had printed. Cue some frantic printing tonight. I found some jug stencils I had cut but not used yet, so now I have some lovely jug pages. I didn’t get any photos of them because I was working really quickly to fit the printing in before my husband dished up our tea.
The coffee pots made an appearance too.
After dinner I sploshed some dye around, and got quite a few hopefully gorgeous pages ready to go. As I set off at just gone 6 tomorrow morning, the books are all propped open and drying, I hope they will be dry in time!
I also printed another page in an altered board book I am working on, including some prints with my 4″ round Gelli plate, which is utterly yumbo! I think the dye on his page looks like a friendly monster waving… can anyone say “Rorschach test”?
Anyway, time for sleep, as my train leaves in 8.5 hours…
I have a lovely pair of stamps I had cut of a beautiful silver jug I own, but as I don’t have any other stencils or stamps to go with them, it is a bit hard to make a series of artwork. Of course, I don’t need to start anything right now, as I have enough on the go already, but the lure of spending an hour cutting stencils was too strong.
So I drew and cut these 4 jugs:
A bit hard to see until they get painty! The bottom right one is based on the jug stencil, then I will cut stamps to match the rest.
The Mens’ Gymnastics final hadn’t quite finished, and I was keen to see if Max Whitlock would make it a double gold, so I passed the time cutting these strips from the stencil acetate, using pattern scissors. I think they will be good for masks on the Gelli plate.
I have got some new acetate for stencils – it is frosted on one side, so I think it is actually presentation folder covers. It’s quite thick, so should be long lasting.
Today I dyed a lot of my materials, getting lots of lovely focal points and backgrounds all ready to go in collages tomorrow.
I ended up with this big, beautiful pile of papers:
I also finished printing in my altered board book:
And got the pages all dyed up:
I repurposed this old chocolate box sheet with some gesso, print and dye, to make a little zigzag tip in:
I’ve arrived safely at the Bramble Patch, and having a great time.
This is my home for the next couple of days:
Hilary has brought the shop, it’s a bit too big for the tables, so some of it is underneath:
She’s brought her rabbit ears too!
The Bramble Patch has a cafe, which does excellent, exceedingly large slices of cake:
I’ve made three stencils so far, a grass stem, a section from the bridge, and Cobb’s Engine House.