Day 90

Today, I gave blood in the evening, so I did my 15 minutes before work, cutting the wooden spoons out and adhering the negative ones in one sheet to foam board. 

Here’s the cut sheet:



I like getting the negative shapes, like the insides of the spoons and the holes in the handles in the right place, so this is how I do it. Turn the sheet paper side up, and start to peel the backing from the background areas. You’ll find that the sheet tries to lift and curl with you, but you can use the point of a pencil to hold it down:



Now , peel the backing off the details which are remaining on the negative stamp, here, the insides of the spoons and the holes:



Cut the foam board to size, and press it down on top of the sticky backing:



Now, turn it over, and lift the positive stamps out. You may need to lift the backing away so that comes out too:



And there you go,one finished stamp.



Now, all you need to do is adhere the positive stamps to their own foam board, either singly or in a group.



I also got out the second dyed zigzag book from the bag where it had been batching:





Lovely!



Advertisements

Day 89

Today I decided what I want to do as the theme for my piece in Bernadette’s Travelling Book.

I’m going to focus on more lovely kitchen items, carrying on from the jugs in Clare’s book, so I gathered up six of my favourite wooden spoons:



Disclaimer: not all wooden spoons are spoons!

I did a first drawing, folding the page for symmetry where they are symmetrical, then inking the best lines:



I retraced these using the light box for a good pencil line…



…and then traced and overdrew them on the paper side of some self adhesive funky foam:



They are now ready to cut and adhere to foam board, prime with gesso, then they’re ready for a good Gelliping session.

It was very relaxing, listening to Sigur Rós and retracing these lovely smooth lines.