I’ve been preparing all of the prints of the iron man for making into a larger piece.
First, I cut all my chosen ones down to size
A lovely stack of prints:
And I’ve continued cutting each of the individual figures out:
5 done this evening, 9 more to go.
I started working on the piece for Polyhedra which I’d done the printing for weeks ago.
I got out the large canvas which had lain intimidatingly in a cupboard for a couple of years, and did some maths about how many prints I could fit on the canvas:
And then set about cutting my prints down to size:
I’m going to cut the figures out of each one, and swap them around, before ironing them onto Vilene interfacing, and adding stitch.
I spent a relaxing few minutes colouring this page in my sketchbook, using the gelatos with water to spread the colour. I like the texture of the semi solid lines, fading out to a wash:
I also sewed together the little crochet flower at lunch:
I realised that I wanted some square areas with the figure on, so I did more printing, with the plate masked to a square again:
Lokta paper takes print wonderfully:
I loved the pattern in this pool of lumiere paint:
There’s nothing like a messy desk:
And a big pile of used stamps:
I finished these stamps, inspired by LAND at Lowsonford.
Then I got the gelli plate out for the first time in ages and did some printing with them:
I masked part of the gelli plate off to get a long thin section, which made it easier to manage: