Today I got up quite early and finished the pages for the next travelling book I’m working in, which you’ll recognise from yesterday. I stuck them into the book, and added some simple printing to tie them together:
Here’s my inspiration page:
I also finished my scroll, just in time to hand it in for exhibiting at the Embroiderers’ Guild AGM next month.
First I picked a nice fabric for the backing, masked off a strip down the middle, and stencilled on some pink paint, to coordinate with the inside:
Then I stitched this wrong sides facing to the front of my piece, and turned it, so the long edges were already stitched down. After some ironing, I stitched the short edges down:
Then I made some machine wrapped cord. I love this technique for turning various wools and yarns into cohesive cords.
A bit of careful hand stitching attached the cord, and here it is all tied up, ready to be discovered:
I might give it a tassel at some point, but for now I’m very happy with it as it is.
A couple of close up pics of the finished embroidery: